Buying or Selling a Home
Buying or selling a home
A solicitor is invaluable to protect your interests they are highly qualified professionals who know your business and your local area. A solicitor will:
- Explain the terms of the contract and examine the fine print
- Advise you of your rights and obligations under the contract
- Protect your interests before you sign a legally binding contract
- Ensure that when selling a property, the contract that has been drafted strictly complies with the law requirements about what must be disclosed to intending buyers.
More than conveyancing – Your solicitor can assist you with a range of other legal matters that may arise from a property sale or purchase. For instance, a solicitor can:
- Establish or vary any trusts associated with the property
- Assist you to update any wills that require adjustment in light of the property transfer
- Support you if there is any breach of contractual obligations by another party and
- Advise on other laws that may apply.
Contact your local solicitor, or if you need assistance locating a solicitor in your area, contact the Law Society Solicitor Referral Service on (02) 9926 0300.